In this post, I will be sharing with you easy step-by-step tips on how to start a blog and make it successful using WordPress. If you are ready to start one, just click and start your blog immediately.
Before making your blog successful, your blog should be working efficiently.
I will first show you how to set up an efficiently working blog. Then, I will later give you different tips that you can utilize to ensure your blog grows successfully.
Here Are A Few Reasons Why You Should Become A Blogger
- You are your boss. Therefore, you only work when you feel like it, you adjust your working schedule to fit your needs.
- You can earn thousands of dollars at the comfort of your bed. Even more interesting, you can earn from any location around the globe.
- You help people from all over the world. By meeting your readers’ needs, you answer questions in your readers’ minds; I believe that is part of helping.
This happens after a period of seriousness and close monitoring your blogs’ analytics.
So here are the 18 most helpful tips that you will encounter in making your blog successful.
Start Your WordPress Blog and follow my simple guide below step-by-step.
1. The very first step on how to start a blog is getting a good domain name.
A domain name is that specific search term a person types on the search bar to receive a redirection to your website.
For instance: www.nomadicsense.com
Domain names might at times be hard to come up with. The easiest way to come up with one and one that I recommend is:
- Select a niche in which your blog falls under and write down different terms and synonyms in that niche.
- Then, start combining those terms in an order that best describes your blog.
- After you have combined them all, discard any that feels off to you.
- Select at least five of your best combinations and check if they are available. A good way to check if they are available for purchase is via a trusted domain seller GoDaddy.
- If all are available, select the shortest one. The shorter it is, the easier it will be for anyone to memorize.
By following the above easy steps, I believe you will end up with a great and easy to remember domain name.
2. The second step is setting up your blog.
After getting your domain name, you need to buy a service called web hosting. Hosting in simpler terms is the online store where all your blogs and files will be placed.
By buying a hosting package, your site can be seen online.
A domain name with a hosting package is altogether your website. But, to have it fully functional and optimized, you will have to set it up. Blue host packages together with WordPress makes this process very easy for you.
Bluehost is one of the best web hosting company globally. It is recommended by WordPress itself. And by the way, Bluehost hosting starts from as low as$2.75 per month. So you can click Blue host cheap hosting globally to buy yours.
3. Add a good look to your website by choosing a great theme.
Themes are the ones that give your website the look that you desire. There are plenty of free themes on word press.
Then you can access free themes on WordPress by selecting appearance, themes, and then add a new theme.
Visit your dashboard on WordPress and select appearance.
- Then select themes.
The you can search for the theme of your choice or choose among the featured or most popular themes. Then preview it, install it and then activate it to start editing.
There are also premium themes that I can highly recommend, one is the genesis framework and the other is the premium theme called thesis.
These two themes are commonly the theme of choice for many top bloggers. They can create blogs with fast loading. Also, they are clean and quick.
4. Create awesome content on topics you love.
By the time you get to this step, your website is finalized in terms of domain acquisition, hosting, and theme editions.
It’s time for you to get out there and give your readers what they want. The best way to do this is by adding value to the content of your website.
To add value, you will have to write great content, one that satisfies your readers’ needs.
Value can be different depending on your niche, you just have to make sure what you write is something you could enjoy reading if it were written by another person.
Additionally, by writing on topics you are passionate about, you end up writing more, you also enjoy writing even when your blog is yet to take off properly.
5. Write like a professional.
Do in-depth research on the topic you want to write about. This will often take most of your time. But, by doing this, you end up with a resourceful blog post, one that your readers benefit from.
The best posts are long and detailed, short posts provide minimal resource. And, with no doubt, longer posts are ranked better.
6. Promote your website.
Your content is published and ready to be viewed by the world. It might be that you are now receiving visitors to your site. But, you are yet to gather a stable audience.
So, how do you do that?
- You can start by guest posting. Here, you will need to contact other blog admins in your niche.
- When given a chance to guest post, do in-depth research on the post you are going to write on.
- Write a long, detailed, and engaging post.
- Always format and proofread the post before submitting it for publication, this makes it easier to just cut, paste and publish
- You can also promote your website by running audience targeted posts.
7. Offer a newsletter.
It’s one of the best things you will ever do, especially at the very beginning. Depending on your ability, you can offer to provide a monthly or weekly newsletter.
By doing so, you provide relevant information while gathering emails simultaneously.
Different companies can handle your mailing lists for a certain fee such as Mailchimp, Aweber, and Convertkit.
8. Keep updating your popular content.
Popular content ends up resulting in the mailing list build up. Therefore, keeping them updated is vital to your growth as a blogger and an entrepreneur at large
You can check in your google analytics for the post driving you the most visitors. Then edit it and let your visitors know that your content is up to date.
Almost all visitors feel better and satisfied reading a recent post.
You can keep your posts updated manually or you can use plugins for that. There are many plugins that will do the hard work foe=r you automatically.
9. Engage by using social media.
However, to make sure you don’t tire out, you can choose to focus on one or two platforms and give them your all. In return, you will notice an increase in the number of visitors coming to your site.
If you do it well, a serious stream of visitors can have their source from the platform you are promoting yourself on.
But, do not get me wrong, you should not rely only on social media as your only source of traffic.
10. Make sure your site is responsive.
Most importantly, time has changed, now, unlike before most web visitors access the internet by using a mobile phone. About 15 years ago, almost all traffic originated from a computer.
Therefore, having your website pages and posts responsive is key to driving more traffic from mobile phones.
Make sure your site is optimized to work properly and efficiently on a mobile phone. Mobile-friendly sites will have more traffic.
11. Format your work like a pro blogger.
If you are wondering how to start a blog, a blog that people will like. One important thing that should cross your mind is how you will format your work.
Having your post formatted in point form, bullets, and short paragraphs will not only make it easier for your readers to get you, but also will make your work look neat.
Nobody will bother reading your post if the format itself is off. So, make sure you format your work properly before hitting that publish button
12. Be honest.
By this I mean, share content that you would want to read. Create content that you consider helpful.
Do not share empty words just for the sake of it. Be as humanly possible as you can.
Understand that what you write can positively or negatively impact a person. That said, focus on impacting their lives positively.
IN THIS POST THERE ARE A COUPLE OF AFFILIATE LINKS. BY CLICKING ON THEM, I EARN A COMMISSION IF ANY PURCHASE IS MADE THROUGH THEM.
Copyright: Johnny @ nomadicsense
If you found this article helpful, you might also like: